About the Washington DC Stanford AssociationThe Washington DC Stanford Association (WDCSA) is the chapter of the Stanford Alumni Association for the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia. WDCSA membership is completely independent of membership in the Stanford Alumni Association. We currently have about 365 members. We welcome Stanford alums (undergraduate and graduate degrees), those who attended Stanford but didn't graduate, and Stanford parents, particularly of current students.
Be a part of Stanford's CAPITAL Community - Join the Washington, DC Stanford Association
The Washington DC Stanford Association has worked to sustain the Stanford spirit in our nation's capital for more than 75 years. Become a member of WDCSA to:
- Support your local alumni community and remain engaged with Stanford
- Pick and choose every month from a wide variety of social, professional, academic, recreational and community service activities
- Reconnect with classmates, meet new friends and network with established local alums.
We sponsor about 5 programs each month throughout the year, which include:
- Big Game party with Cal
- Cultural events -- the Museum of the American Indian evening, Washington National Opera, and two monthly book groups
- Lectures and talks by Stanford faculty and prominent alums
- Sports events -- Big Game, the WDCSA softball and basketball teams, Stanford athletic events (by TV at sports bars and in person when teams come to this area), and Citi Open (tennis) box seats
- Sendoff party for Incoming Freshmen
- Young alum events including community service opportunities
We offer a wide variety of events. Events are priced to cover the cost of the event, exclusive of mailing costs and other costs of running the club. We offer a number of free events, and almost no event (except cultural events where we purchase tickets) is more than $20.
Cardinal Membership - $15
- Discounted pricing on most WDCSA sponsored events
- Advance notice on limited attendance, members-only events
- Monthly e-mail newsletter announcing a wide array of events sponsored by WDCSA, the Stanford Alumni Association, and other alumni groups in the region
Cardinal Plus Membership - $25
- Same great benefits as the "Cardinal" membership
- Receive a printed and mailed newsletter in your mailbox each month
Offer and Details
- Sign up for a 2 year membership and receive a $2 discount!
- Graduates of the Class of 2015 (grad or undergrad) can join for free!
- The membership year is a calendar year membership, from January 1 - December 31.
Events are publicized in our monthly newsletter, which is sent out in two formats. Our newsletter is also available on our website.
- Our Cardinal Plus members ($25/year) receive a nicely-formatted version by first-class mail. See a sample copy of the printed newsletter. To view this PDF document, you will need Adobe Reader. Download a free copy of Adobe Reader
- Our Cardinal members ($15/year) members receive an email with the text-only version. Our Cardinal Plus members also receive the email, text-only version at no extra charge.
You may join by completing the membership form or simply mail a check, payable to WDCSA, to Bill Pegram, 3841 Whitman Rd, Annandale, VA 22003. If you’d like to put off the receipt of renewal notices, join or extend your membership through December 2014 for double the above amounts.
Board of Directors
Our all-volunteer Board meets monthly throughout the academic year and welcomes suggestions, assistance, and new faces. Feel free to contact any of the current officers. We look forward to hearing from you and seeing you at events.
Last revised June 10, 2016. Comments to: William Pegram, email@example.com